Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Chakai tomorrow~!

Tomorrow is the Christmas chakai, probably our biggest event of the Midorikai year.  It's been pretty epic.  The day after that, the last part of my dissertation is due.  (aiee!) That is also even more epic.

So I've been busy. But more very soon, like after about 3 days, because I'm not actually going to make that dissertation deadline.



And in other news, hi Margie and anyone who found yourself here by way of Sweet Persimmon!  Hajimemashite, welcome, and looking forward to hearing from you.

more very soon.

But first, I'm going to sleep on my kaiki in hopes that I can memorize utensil information and very formal Japanese through osmosis.


2 comments:

  1. Gambatte on the Christmas chakai, and just think how relaxed you will be for New Year's!
    Margie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there--I found your blog through Sweet Persimmon and look forward to reading more of your entries. I've studied tea for over 12 years now, and though I'm too old and set in my ways to go to Midorikai, I'm still curious about the experience. The whole concept (and many other things about tea) provokes much ambivalence in me, so I find your take on it very apposite. Anyway, good luck with your studies; hope you continue to find time to write about it.

    ReplyDelete