Sunday, June 22, 2014

So much.

So much has been happening.
The biggest things are that I've signed a contract and I'm moving to a new job in September. Assistant Professor of Critical Studies in the Department of Theatre at UCLA. 
In 1997 I moved to southern California to start my freshman year of college and it was also the big El Niño year. That winter we had rain and endless rain, mudslides, and closed roads meant that classes were cancelled many times-- but we the on campus kids could still get to Blockbuster, so I remember those rainy days as gleefully irresponsible ones, punctuating the big new events of being at university.
This year, the meteorologists say that El Niño will be back, the biggest since 1997-8. We come together.


---


There's much more to say. And tomorrow I leave for China, where I'll have some leisure I think, and I'll try to start catching up. Hope to hear from you.



No comments:

Post a Comment