Wednesday, August 20, 2014

however

So, to counterbalance my previous post, I have been compiling a list of things that I will not miss about London and things to look forward to in LA.

1. I will not miss the noise of the Somali orphanage upstairs. Ok, so it's probably not a Somali orphanage, but it IS a Somali family who seem to babysit or something, because sometimes many many children are there and they are really amazingly loud, running, yelling, falling down, getting yelled at, crying, etc.

2. I will not miss the people who constantly ring my doorbell looking for someone else. I used to think that the woman who did it a few hours after promising she would never do it again was the worst, but that was before the man who rang my [blaring, horrible sounding] bell twice at 4:45am the night I had just come home from the whole month of July away.

3.
Sinks like this. How am I supposed to wash and rinse dishes like this? Who thought of this? People who waste whole basins of water to rinse every little thing? People who have servants? People who in fact don't use water? I don't get it.

4. Paying utilities, etc to keep two flats in two countries afloat.

5. No screens in windows, and the concomitant big ol' bugs that sometimes come in to visit.

There are more. I'll post this for now... more will be added


No comments:

Post a Comment