Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Free time

So, I came home from classes today after being cho, who (as chief in the mizuya during class, a big responsibility, officially doesn't have any other toban duties for the evening.) And although there was more cleaning to do because we were taking over Mike and Olya's nights since they are hosting the chaji tomorrow, at the last second Sarah told me not to go and that she would cover it all. So I was faced with the prospect of my first evening without having to or planning to go out someplace else after 6 for possibly the first time this semester (and the semester ends next week).  I kinda had a freak out actually, not having someplace to be. I told myself about all the work I should do, and would do and everything neglected I would get done in my house. And then I settled in to relax a little bit first.

And then I got the call to come to the impromptu Oosoji (big cleaning) at boys dorm, in the rooms we use for storing our utensils and cooking and practicing and hanging out.  No one had really known about it, but suddenly we were cleaning the whole floor, especially all the empty rooms and bathrooms that haven't been touched for years and were slowly growing mold and the broken washing machine that apparently no one had even looked to see that it was full of standing water slowly molding and turning rust colored from the washing machine innards it was corroding.

So that's what happens when I have a free night.  I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment