If you haven't already read the first installment of this blog post, I
suggest you do that first. I'm narrating my epic month of moving to Los
Angeles...
But after that, it went a bit like this:
(You can make these bigger by right clicking and choosing "view image")
![]() |
| why these pictures won't line up I don't know. |
And now, today, it's a month since I left London. ONLY A MONTH. I can't even remember London, but when I do cast my mind back, it usually recoils with a stab of melancholy, despite the fact that getting here had exactly the effect I knew it would:
The effect of inspiring me with everything that's exciting about this new chapter that I was having trouble getting excited about while I was still bidding farewell to the last few chapters of my life. NOW though I am ready for the liminal stage to come to an end! After being tantalized with the possibility that my apartment could be readied before the Oct 1 move in date, it's looking like that was just a tease and I'll have to wait it all the way out, meaning an Oct 1 move in (around a teaching meeting UCLA that day) and an Oct 3 first day of teaching. I've been feeling so impatient and excited to get my stuff back-- that is, to get it out of storage at the moving company. To get my boxes from London off the ocean. To get the suitcases and random boxes out of my car. To start nesting. To feel like this adventure is finally, truly begun.
....


No comments:
Post a Comment